Pages

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Cupcake obsession

Lately I've made a lot of cupcakes. I guess you could call me cupcake obsessed. I've been playing around with some new flavors. Here is the latest one I've done:

Maple Cupcakes
Makes 1 dozen cupcakes

1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
2/3 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup buttermilk
1/3 cup maple syrup (Use real maple syrup. Grade B is best because it has the most intense flavor)

1. Cream the butter and brown sugar together.
2. In a separate bowl, sift the dry ingredients together.
3. Add the eggs and vanilla to the creamed mixture and beat to combine. Scrape down the bowl once combined.
4. Add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
5. Add the buttermilk and maple syrup.
6. Fill cupcake cups 2/3 full and bake at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.


No comments:

Post a Comment


Total Pageviews